- This event has passed.
Happy Hour – Eat, Drink, Play
January 13, 2016 | 6:30 pm till 8:30 pm
Join the HBS Club of South Florida and All Ivy+ for a Happy Hour at Bocce! We will have our own exclusive area that will allow you to enjoy complimentary canapé and light bites as well as extended drink specials from Bocce’s aperitivo (happy hour) menu all night.
This event is open to EVERYONE. However you must register in advance in order to enjoy the above-mentioned specials and complimentary game play.
REGISTER AT: http://www.yaleclubofsouthflorida.org/Jan13-Bocce
We will have private use of their Bocce Ball court. New to the game? Check out the rules below before the event.
How to Play Bocce Ball
Bocce is played with eight large balls and one smaller target or object ball called il pallino. There are 4 balls to a side, or team, and they are made in two colors to distinguish the balls of one team from the 4 balls of the opposing team.
1. Flip a coin or randomly decide which team gets to throw out il pallino and select ball color
2. Winner of coin toss throws out il pallino into a prescribed zone
3. After il pallino is successfully thrown, the same player must throw out the first bocce ball
4. Let the second team bowl their bocce balls until the point is taken or they have used all 4 balls
5. The first team gets to continue bowling all their remaining bocce balls
6. Allow the team who hasn’t completed their throws to bowl out
7. Measure which team’s bocce is closest to il pallino
8. Score one point for each ball from the winning team that is closer than the closest ball of the other team
9. Switch ends on the bocce court and play another frame
10. Continue playing until a team gets 12 points